Avoid Self-Serve Checkouts, Lawyer Warns, Or It Could Cost You ‘Thousands’
View Source | July 13, 2022 11:03 am
Continue to Article
- The lawyer says there are “three groups” of people being charged with shoplifting using self-checkout.
- The first is those “with the intent to steal.”
- The second category she calls the “theft-by-mistake” group.
- The third group is the people she called the “truly innocent.”
- “Megaretailers like Walmart usually have to present very little evidence to get an affidavit for warrants on the charges.”
Share This Article: