Brain-Eating Amoeba From Unboiled Tap Water Kills Florida Man

  • “The adult patient reportedly performed nasal rinsing daily with unboiled tap water, which is thought to be the source of the infection,” a spokesperson from the CDC said.
  • CDC officials did not disclose the identity of the deceased.
  • In a February 23 news release, Florida Department of Health officials confirmed that Charlotte County had recently documented one case of someone infected with Naegleria fowleri “possibly as a result of sinus rinse practices utilizing tap water.”
Click to read full article

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Join our list!

Sign up here to get our daily newsletter with the top trending headlines.