- The city of Uniontown Treasurer Antoinette Hodge is accused of stealing nearly $107,000 in 2020-2021 while serving as an elected official.
- The City Council started an investigation in 2021 after a dozen taxpayers were warned of being delinquent in paying, despite having already paid their taxes.
- The money came from city and school tax revenues, among other sources.
- Hodge concentrated power of the three-person treasurer’s office into her hands, allowing the theft to go on while a deputy treasurer and a clerk remained unaware.
- “My Office will investigate and prosecute anyone who abuses their position of power for their own financial gain,” said Attorney General Josh Shapiro.
Click to read full article
Go back home