Democrat-led New Jersey Latest State To Ban TikTok On Government Devices
View Source | January 9, 2023 7:56 pm
Continue to Article
- The ban was part of a larger one Murphy issued that prohibiting high-risk software vendors, products and services, including TikTok, from being used on State-provided or -managed devices.
- The directive also named prominent China-based firms, including Huawei, Tencent, WeChat, ZTE and Alibaba.
- “Bolstering cybersecurity is critical to protecting the overall safety and welfare of our State,” Murphy said . “This decisive action will ensure the cybersecurity of the State is unified against actors who may seek to divide us.”
- Murphy joins over a dozen other governors is in banning TikTok from government-issued devices over security concerns related to ByteDance, the platform’s China-based parent company.
- Ohio on Monday also announced a similar ban.
Share This Article: