Drag Queen Serves As ‘Celebrity’ Crossing Guard
A Denver school featured a drag queen as a crossing guard in celebration of National Walk and Bike to School Day, sparking backlash
View Source | October 16, 2022 7:55 pm
Click to read full article
- Drag entertainer Dixie Krystals helped students cross the street at Denver Public School on Oct. 12 as a part of the school’s Walk & Roll to School Day, according to social media posts.
- Krystals was included as one of the school’s “celebrity crossing guards” in honor of Pedestrian Safety Month.
- “Drag queens are known for their lewd and sexualized performances, and they have no place in or around schools,” said Parents Defending Education Investigative Fellow Alex Nester. “Yet, for whatever reason, schools have been insistent on giving children access to these performers. It’s immoral, distracting and confusing for children.”
- Krystals has been a drag entertainer for 20 years and was featured on the Discovery+ show “Generation Drag.”
- Events with drag queens at events for children appear to be a recent trend, including instances in the U.S. and Europe, sparking backlash.
Share This Article: