Floridians Told Not To Wash Faces In Tap Water After Brain-Eating Amoeba Found

Pacific Palisades, California, USA.
  • Health experts are telling 200,000 residents in Florida to avoid washing their face with tap water after a man died from a brain-eating amoeba.
  • Officials believe the unnamed Charlotte County man died after rinsing his sinuses using tap water contaminated with the microscopic pathogen.
  • Dr Mobeen Rathore, an infectious disease expert from the University of Florida, told residents in the county should avoid exposing their nose to tap water – including while showering – until ‘officials give the all clear’.