Hobbs Sworn In As Arizona Governor
View Source | January 2, 2023 5:59 pm
Continue to Article
- Hobbs, who was previously the Arizona’s secretary of state was sworn in with a private ceremony that was live-streamed
- Hobbs will replace Republican Gov. Doug Ducey, who has served in the position since 2015.
- The state’s last Democratic governor was Janet Napolitano, who was in office until 2009 before serving in the Obama administration.
- “Today marks a new chapter for Arizona,” Hobbs said. “As we look forward to a brighter future, I pledge that the needs of Arizonans – not partisan politics – will always come first.
- Hobbs will have to govern while cooperating with an Arizona State Legislature that retains its Republican majority this session. Her swearing-in comes after a contentious election against Republican Kari Lake, who is currently appealing a judge’s ruling against her election contest.
Share This Article: