Mel Gibson To Testify In Weinstein LA Trial
View Source | October 16, 2022 5:10 pm
Continue to Article
- Weinstein is already serving 23 years in prison on a two felony conviction for third-degree rape and committing a criminal sexual act.
- In this second trial, the 70-year-old Weinstein is again facing charges of sexual assault against a woman.
- Gibson reportedly learned about one of the alleged incidents shortly after it purportedly occurred.
- Judge Lisa Lench said Gibson could be called by the prosecution as a witness.
- The judge also said Weinstein’s legal team cannot asking Gibson about widely publicized antisemitic remarks he made several years ago.
- Weinstein is Jewish and his attorney also seem to allege further bias because their client and Gibson have an ongoing “feud” dating back to disputes over Gibson’s movie “The Passion of the Christ.”
- Opening trial statements are expected to begin on Oct. 23.
Share This Article: