Oops: IRS Posts Personal Info Of 120K Taxpayers
View Source | September 2, 2022 4:55 pm
Continue to Article
- The tens-of-thousands of Taxpayer Form 990-T were temporarily available for public viewing on the IRS website.
- Individuals file the form to disclose certain types of income within their retirement accounts.
- The forms included the names and contact information of the filers, as well as significant part of their financial records.
- Treasury made clear, however, the briefly available information did not include Social Security numbers.
- “The Treasury Department has instructed the IRS to conduct a prompt review of its practices to ensure necessary protections are in place to prevent unauthorized data disclosures,” agency told Congress on Friday.
Share This Article: