Oregon Secretary Of State Apologies For Taking $10K A Month Marijuana Co. Consulting Job
View Source | May 1, 2023 9:34 pm
Click to read full article
- Oregon Secretary of State Shemia Fagan apologized Monday for taking a consulting job for a marijuana company that her office recently audited.
- Fagan made public the job paid $10,000 a month and that included bonuses three times that amount if she helped the company get licensed in other states.
- Fagan, a Democrat and the state’s second-highest ranking official, indicated she wants to keep her elected position despite Republican calls for her resignation.
- Gov. Tina Kotek, also a Democrat, has requested investigations into the matter by the state’s Government Ethics Commission and Justice Department.
- “I am sorry for harming the trust that I and so many others have worked so hard to build with you over the last few years,” Fagan said.
Share This Article: