Putin Grants Citizenship To US Fugitive Snowden
Russian President Vladimir Putin has granted Russian citizenship to former NSA contractor and accused U.S. spy Edward Snowden, the Russian government announced Monday.
View Source | September 26, 2022 6:12 pm
Click to read full article
- Snowden is accused of espionage and theft of government property for leaking to the media troves of information on United States intelligence and mass surveillance programs.
- The 39-year-old Snowden has been living in Moscow after have first fled to Hong Kong following his 2013 leaking of classified U.S. information.
- Snowden is accused of espionage and theft of government property and faces up to 30 years in prison in the U.S.
- Snowden applied for dual citizenship in 2020.
- Russia acknowledged through a government portal that Snowden had been granted citizenship.
Share This Article: