Tritt, John Rich At Front of Complaints County Music Biz Gone Woke
"Finally showing all you fans what they are REALLY all about," singer John Rich tweeted after drag performers were highlighted on recent awards show.
View Source | April 9, 2023 7:25 am
Click to read full article
- During this year’s CMT Music Awards country music star Kelsea Ballerini performed her song “If You Go Down (I’m Goin’ Down Too)” with drag queens surrounding her.
- Country music singer John Rich took a swipe at the state of the CMT awards on his social media.
- “No need to comment on the country music industry at this point, I’m just glad they’re finally showing all you fans what they are REALLY all about,” he wrote on Twitter.
- Rich told the “Just the News, No Noise” TV show that the July 2022 release of his hit “Progress” cost him relationships in the country music industry.
- “I don’t have the backing of the country music industry really much anymore,” he said also. “And that’s OK. I would rather have my freedom of speech than their approval any day of the week.”
- Another country star who spoke out against woke culture was Travis Tritt, who announced he would no longer work with Anheuser-Busch, the company that brews Budweiser and Bud Light after it was revealed they had a paid partnership with TikTok transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney.
Share This Article: