U.S. Blames Ukraine AND Russia
View Source | November 17, 2022 6:42 am
Continue to Article
- In statements from President Biden’s NSC and overseas offices, the White House says Ukraine to blame for Poland middle hit.
- But they also blame Russia.
- As delivered by Ambassador Michael Carpenter to the Permanent Council, Vienna November 17, 2022 :
- First of all, our hearts go out to the people of Poland and the loved ones of those who lost their lives in the explosion near Przewodów. We have full confidence in the Polish government’s investigation of the explosion, and we commend them for the professional and deliberate manner in which they are conducting it. We will not get ahead of their work and remain in close touch with our Polish counterparts, as we are still gathering information. We have seen nothing that contradicts President Duda’s preliminary assessment that this explosion was most likely the result of a Ukrainian air defense missile that unfortunately landed in Poland.
- That said, whatever the final conclusions may be, it is clear that the party ultimately responsible for this tragic incident is Russia, which launched a barrage of missiles on Ukraine specifically intended to target civilian infrastructure. Ukraine had — and has — every right to defend itself.
Share This Article: