- Fact-checkers noticed the president in the speech used inaccurate figures on pump prices and unemployment.
- Biden said: “Gas prices are down, $1.30 a gallon. And in 41 states plus the District of Columbia, the average gasoline price is less than $2.99.”
- No state has an average price under $2.99 per gallon, according to figures from GasBuddy and the American Automobile Association.
- White House acknowledged inaccuracy and corrected official transcript after an inquired about the claim.
- Forty-one states and the District of Columbia have an average price under $3.99, not $2.99.
Share This Article: