Movement In Cali To Lasso Rodeos Begins In LA County
View Source | November 13, 2022 3:23 pm
Click to read full article
- Instead of banning particular events, the L.A. County legislation seeks to ban some devices used on rodeo animals including spurs, flank straps and electric prods.
- The legislation is sponsored by Bob Blumenfield, a Democrat who represents the west San Fernando Valley.
- Blumenfield said he introduced the legislation because he “wanted to see what we could do in terms of trying to make Los Angeles a little bit more humane and live up to its name as the ‘city of angels.’”
- San Francisco, San Juan Capistrano and Pasadena already have restrictions on rodeos, as do Pittsburgh, Leesburg, Va., and Fort Wayne, Ind.
- “It’s animal abuse,” Eric Mills, coordinator for Oakland’s Action for Animals, an animal welfare organization, told the newspaper.
Share This Article: