Nashville Returns Ousted House Democrat Back To State Legislature
View Source | April 10, 2023 6:08 pm
Click to read full article
- The Nashville Metropolitan Council on Monday reappointed former Democratic state Rep. Justin Jones to represent the city in the Tennessee House, after Republicans in the legislature removed him last week over his conduct during a gun-control protest.
- The council members voted unanimously, 36-0, to return Jones to his seat.
- The state legislature voted 72-25 to remove him last week. He will serve as an interim representative.
- Jones, along with former state Rep. Justin Pearson of Memphis and still-Rep. Gloria Johnson of Knoxville, reached the podium of the lower chamber without permission during a recent session and encouraged gun control demonstrators outside the building.
- Lawmakers failed to oust Johnson by a single vote.
Share This Article: