Pakistan Military Ruler Who Backed US After 9/11 Has Died
View Source | February 5, 2023 8:31 am
Continue to Article
- Musharraf was a special forces commando before becoming president and stepped down in 2008 while facing possible impeachment.
- Musharraf later in life lived in self-imposed exile in Dubai to avoid criminal charges.
- He tried a political comeback in 2012 but poor health reported contributed to the failed attempt.
- But it wasn’t to be as his poor health plagued his last years.
- After Al-Qaida’s Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the U.S. that was launched from Afghanistan, a U.S official reportedly threatened to bomb neighboring Pakistan ”back into the Stone Age” if Musharraf chose not to help in the U.S. war and he reluctantly agreed.
Share This Article: