Apple CEO Cook Praises US Tech Giant’s ‘Symbiotic’ Relationship With China
View Source | March 26, 2023 4:33 pm
Click to read full article
- Apple CEO Tim Cook made the comment during at an event this weekend in China, amid increasing trade and geopolitical tensions between the United States and the Communist-run country.
- Cook’s visit was his first since the pandemic began in 2020.
- Most of Apple’s iPhones are made in China, but Cook is reportedly trying to move production out of the country.
- Cook also came to China just days after TikTok CEO Shou Zi Chew was grilled on Capitol Hill about whether the owner of the social media platform, Beijing-based ByteDance, was sharing U.S. user data with the Chinese Communist Party.
- “Apple and China . . . grew together and so this has been a symbiotic kind of relationship,” Cook reportedly said.
Share This Article: