Paul Ryan On Trump ’24 Prospects: ‘We All Know He Will Lose’
Former House GOP Speaker Paul Ryan is predicting former President Trump won't win if her runs again in 2024.
View Source | October 16, 2022 11:29 am
Click to read full article
- The Wisconsin Republican, who is a Trump critic, also said fellow GOPers are “afraid” to criticize Trump, for fear of his ire, and their political career.
- Ryan made the comments Friday during a symposium with Teneo, an executive advisement firm at which he is a vice president.
- “I think Trump’s un-electability will be palpable by then,” he said. “We all know he will lose, or let me put it this way: ‘We all know he’s much more likely to lose the White House than anybody else running for president on our side of the aisle. So why would we want to go with that?”
- Ryan, the GOP’s vice presidential nominee in 2012, said the primary season for the next presidential election will likely be packed full.
- “There’s a handful of people that are going to run, because it’s the only cycle they can run in,” he argued. “They can’t wait until 2028. They’ve got to go now, if they’re ever going to go. And they don’t want to die without ever trying.”
Share This Article: