Vote Now Set For Saturday
View Source | May 26, 2023 8:04 pm
Click to read full article
- Texas Attorney Ken Paxton is being accused of corruption in connection with a donor.
- On Thursday, a House committee issued 20 articles of impeachment on which the full House will vote.
- Four hours of debate is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. on Saturday, followed by a vote.
- With 150 members in the House, a simple majority, including at least 12 Republicans and all 64 Democrats, is needed to vote against Paxton.
- If all 85 Republicans in the majority don’t vote to impeach him, the measure would fail. If the House votes to impeach Paxton, a trial will be held in the Senate.
- Paxton denies the allegations.
Share This Article: